The attacker steps through with a right punch with relatively little reaction time for you (i.e., the punch is already too close to your face for you to step into a neutral bow with an inner block).
- Step off to 9:00 with the left foot, pulling the right foot into a 45 degree cat stance as you apply a left inward parry (to the opponent's fist) while cocking your right hand.
- Step forward with your right foot behind your opponent's right foot as you deliver a right, inverted punch to his temple. Note that if done correctly this step is not really step 2 but a continuation of step 1 (1-1/2). Also note that although the parry deflects the opponent below the elbow (at the hand), this punch also serves as a check against his elbow buckling forward into your face.
- Step drag forward and drop slightly into a wide kneel with an inward, horizontal elbow to the floating ribs.
- Drop further into the wide kneel as your deliver a right backfist to the back of your opponent's thigh, continuing through.
- Continue even further into the stance and reverse your motion into a right inverted backfist to the groin.
| || || || |
| || || ||Note: the last two pictures on the left are two angles of the same strike. |