SHIELD AND SWORD (front straight left punch)
- Standing with feet together, step forward and to your right on a 45 degree angle (toward 2 o'clock) with your right foot (into a right forward bow) as you deliver a left extended outward block to outside of opponent's left step through punch. Have your right hand sword cocked to the right side of your right ear, palm out.
- Immediately pivot to your left (into a horse) as you strike inward to opponent's left neck with your right hand sword (follow through with the chop so that the right palm of that hand faces up); cocking your left to your left hip.
- Shift in place into a right forward bow as you deliver a left horizontal inward elbow strike to opponent's left ribcage and have your right hand check (bracing angle check) opponent's left arm at his elbow.
- Shift your left foot counterclockwise to 4 o'clock (into a right front twist stance as your left hand hooks out and down at opponent's left forearm.
- While pivoting counterclockwise out of the twist stance execute a right hammer fist strike to opponent's left kidney. Immediately follow-up with a right looping roundhouse kick to back of opponent's left knee to buckle.
- With right foot still in the air do a front twist and cover out to 4 o'clock.