CIRCLES OF PROTECTION (front step through overhead right punch) The attacker attempts a high straight punch.
- With feet together, step to 11 o'clock with your left leg into a left forward bow. Simultaneously deliver a right upward blocking parry (hand open) under and outside of opponent's right punch (your left hand is cocked to your waist).
- Shift to your right, back into a left neutral bow, as you deliver a left upward ripping claw to block under opponent's right arm from the inside in addition to clawing his face in the same motion. Your right (open hand) is cocked high to the right side of your face.
- Continue circling your right hand clockwise and execute a right underhand heel and claw strike to opponent's groin as your left hand cocks on top of your right forearm.
- Without any hesitation deliver a left back knuckle strike to opponent's face as your shuffle forward.
- Left front crossover and cover out twice toward 6 o'clock.