THRUST INTO DARKNESS (right punch directly from the rear)
The attacker attempts to punch you with your back turned.
- With feet together, step forward with your right foot toward 2 o'clock into a left reverse close cat stance (as opponent attacks from the rear with a right punch) to give you distance, and immediately deliver a left back kick toward 7 o'clock to opponent's stomach thus causing him to bend forward.
- With your left foot still in the air, plant your left foot to 4 o'clock (assuming both you and opponent are presently facing 12 o'clock) into a wide left rear twist stance and immediately pivot counter clockwise (ending in a left neutral bow facing opponent at 6 o'clock) and without hesitation deliver a right front snap ball kick toward 7 o'clock to opponent's jaw or sternum (opponent should be bending forward at this point toward 12 o'clock).
- Plant your right foot forward into a right neutral bow toward 7 o'clock and assuming that the kick forced your opponent back, do a left front crossover toward 7 o'clock and right side kick to inside of opponent's left knee.
- Plant your right foot forward (right forward bow) toward 7 o'clock and simultaneously deliver a right back knuckle thrust to opponent's right temple and a left vertical thrust punch to opponent's right ribs.
- Right front crossover and cover out toward 2 o'clock.
- Left rear crossover and return with a right back kick to opponent's head toward 7 o'clock.
- Right front crossover and cover out twice toward 2 o'clock.