CIRCLING THE STORM (right front club poke)
- Starting in a natural stance, step off to 11:00 o'clock, into a left neutral bow stance as you execute a left inward block to the outside of his left arm.
- Switch your block to a check as you step through to 11:00 o'clock with your right foot, execute a right raking elbow strike to the right ribcage of your opponent, plant your right foot toward 11:00 and then pivot 180 degrees counter clockwise into a left neutral bow stance, facing 6:00 o'clock, as your left outward elbow strikes solar plexus of your opponent (your right hand is checking his right upper arm at this point.
- Now execute a right inward heel of palm claw to the right side of the opponent's face as you hop back to 11:00 o'clock landing in a left one-legged stance, immediately execute a right knife edge thrust to the back of his left knee, plant down immediately, and continue the right claw to his face on down to a right (palm down and out) outward claw to his groin from the back side. Your left hand is in a checking position across his back, palm out and fingers pointing to the right.
- Now circle your right hand out to the right and over and in to repeat the same claw to the face that you did earlier, and drop your right hand to his back to become a possible check for his arms, and immediately without hesitation execute a left front crossover sweep to the back of his right knee and as you plant, do a left claw to his groin from behind and in between his legs.
- Now grab around his right side of face with your left claw as your right hand checks his shoulder, drop your left foot back to 10:30 as you turn him around slightly counter clockwise and come up with a right knee to the back of his neck.
- As you plant your right foot back (“place of origin”), rip his face with your left claw and execute a right rising lift punch to his back of neck.
- Replace your left claw to his right side of face and pull him back into a right overhead looping downward roundhouse punch to his left temple, and immediately with the same energy flow into a right side kick to any available opening.
- Right front crossover and double cover out to 10:30 o'clock.
DANCE OF DARKNESS (right front kick followed by right punch)
- Starting in a right neutral bow, step with right foot to 6 o'clock into a rear twist stance with a right downward parry to kick followed by a left inward parry to punch.
- Step forward to a right neutral bow to 12 o'clock with a right outward parry outside of opponent's right arm.
- Step forward to a left neutral bow to 12 o'clock with a right inward elbow sliding through the opponent's rib cage with the left hand checking.
- Pivot to 3 o'clock with a right outward backknuckle to opponent's right kidney simultaneous with a left vertical punch to opponent's right mastoid.
- With your left hand pressing and checking opponent's right shoulder do a right rolling vertical backknuckle to opponent's right temple. Circle right hand counter clockwise to a right inward two finger horizontal hook (following opponent's arm) immediately followed by a left two-finger hook to opponent's eyes as you do a left front twist to 5 o'clock (sweeping opponent's right leg).
- Spin out of twist clockwise with a right reverse roundhouse sweep (dropping opponent to back with his head toward 12 o'clock) ending in a left forward bow toward 12 o'clock).
- Proceed to throw a right front kick to opponent's floating ribs and immediately hop to a left side kick to opponent's face.
- Double cover out toward 6 o'clock.
UNWINDING PENDULUM (right front kick followed by right punch)
- While standing in a right neutral bow stance, drop back with your right foot into a twist stance as you right downward block his kicking leg.
- As he right punches, unpivot and left inward block to the outside of his left elbow.
- Right front crossover sweep to the back of his left knee, and right underhand claw his groin.
- Unpivot and right rear scoop kick to his groin, landing between his legs to buckle his right leg, as you a right outward heel palm his kidneys.
- In-place stance change to buckle his left knee, as you execute a left outward and back elbow strike to his face simultaneously with your right heel of palm to his ribs.
- Left front crossover to 7:00 as you execute an inverted outward horizontal Cobra Strike.
- Double cover out to 6:00.
ENTWINED MACES (left and right punch with opponent's left leg forward)
- With feet together, drop back with your left foot into a right neutral bow as your right hand loops a figure eight, first with a right inward on the outside of opponent's left punch and a right extended outward on the outside of opponent's right punch.
- Immediately shuffle forward while your right extended outward drops and hooks opponent's right arm down and to your right. Simultaneously deliver a left vertical punch to opponent's face (you're now in a right forward bow).
- While in place pivot into a right neutral bow as you deliver a right thrusting chop to opponent's left jugular vein, switching your left hand as a check against opponent's right arm.
- Follow-up with a left rear crossover and deliver a right stiff leg reverse bow to buckle opponent's left leg from the inside out Simultaneously deliver a right downward hammer fist to opponent's groin. (Your left hand is guarding in front of your chest.)
- From a right reverse bow pivot clockwise (in place) into a right front twist stance, cocking your left hand to your left hip. Simultaneously deliver a right vertical outward against the right side of your opponent's nose to break it. Immediately follow-up with a left heel of palm strike to opponent's sternum and a left knee kick to opponent's groin (cocking your right clenched fist to your right ear).
- Plant your left foot back to 8 o'clock, checking with your left hand, and (from your right hand cocked position) immediately deliver a right thrusting, chopping hammer fist to opponent's left collar bone.
- Immediately execute a left rear crossover and a right back kick to opponent's solar plexus.
- Right front crossover and cover out twice toward 8 o'clock.
FATAL DEVIATION (Front- Right & Left Punch Combination)
- Standing naturally, have your left foot step back toward 6 o'clock into a right neutral bow (facing 12 o'clock) as you execute a right inward block to the inside of your opponent's right punching arm. Have your left hand positionally check in front of your solar plexus.
- As your opponent delivers a left roundhouse punch, shuffle forward into a right forward bow, while delivering a right extended outward block to the inside of your opponent's left punching arm. Simultaneous with your shuffle and block, execute a left thrusting vertical punch to your opponent's face. (This should snap your opponent's head back and keep his depth zone in check.)
- Immediately pivot counterclockwise) into a right neutral bow, as you execute a right thrusting inward handsword to the left side of your opponent's neck. Again have your left hand positionally check in front of your solar plexus. (This should stun your opponent.)
- Without hesitation execute a left front crossover and while in a left front twist stance have your right hand circle counterclockwise, and diagonally down, to force your opponent's right arm against the right side of his body and him. Your right elbow should positionally check your opponent's left arm at the same time. Simultaneous with this action have your left hand circle clockwise and execute a left inward horizontal heel palm strike (finger tips pointing out with your left elbow anchored) to the right side of your opponent's jaw. (This should daze your opponent.)
- Have your right foot step out into a right neutral bow (toward 11:00 while facing 12 o'clock) to buckle the inside of your opponent's right knee. With your left heel palm still braced against your opponent's right jaw have your right arm circle counterclockwise and execute a right inward horizontal elbow strike to the left side of your opponent's jaw. (This action should sandwich your opponent's jaw and cause him to pass out.)
- Immediately pivot counterclockwise (in place) into a right reverse bow to further buckle the inside of your opponent's right leg and expose his groin. While employing your right reverse bow, execute a right back hammerfist to your opponent's groin. Your left hand should be checking over your right shoulder. (Your opponent should bend forward at the waist.)
- Right front crossover, and cover out toward 7:30.
- Survey the outcome of your action.
- Return by executing a left rear crossover followed by a right thrusting back heel kick to your opponent's stomach. (Your opponent should fall to the ground at this point.)
- From the point of contact of your right kick, execute a right front crossover, and cover out twice in the direction of 6 o'clock.
DESTRUCTIVE FANS (flank right punch with opponent's right leg forward)
- With feet together and facing 12 o'clock and opponent attacking from 9 o'clock with a right punch, move your left foot back and to the left to 8 o'clock (into a modified horse) as your right hand circles clockwise and parries your opponent's right arm from the outside at the wrist. Your left hand also travels clockwise and parries your opponent's right punch on the outside at the elbow. Your right hand should continue in a circle and transform into a right hammer fist strike (clenched fist and palm up) to opponent's solar plexus (with your left hand in check - bracing angle).
- Immediately sweep opponent's right leg with your left foot as it forms a left front twist stance. At this point have your left hand grab and pull in the process.
- Pivot (clockwise) out of the twist stance and execute a right back knuckle strike to opponent's right kidney and a right stiff-leg sweep all the way around to 3 o'clock to back of opponent's right leg to cause his leg to split further.
- Right punch to opponent's head while shuffling (push drag) into a left close kneel with a left hand push down check to opponent's upper right arm.
- With opponent possibly sitting at this stage, deliver a right stomp thrust kick under opponent's chin or to best available opening.
- From kicking position, right front crossover and cover out twice toward 3 o'clock.
DEFENSIVE CROSS (right front kick)
- Starting with both hands up, execute a crossed wrist block (right hand over left, with hands open and dropping them straight down) while stepping back right to a left forward bow stance. When your hands are almost down to your waist your left hand goes into a crane to hook out under his right ankle as your right hand checks his leg on top. Pull his leg back and to the left past your left hip so that he's losing ground and his balance.
- Now execute a right outward hanging backknuckle strike to his face or cheek bone followed by a left inward heel of palm strike to his right mastoid which immediately switches to a claw or grab to the hair or the back of his neck (at this point your right hand is back behind you ready for the next move).
- Execute a right front snap ball kick to the groin (maintain your grab to his head with your left hand). As you plant back to the point of origin, execute a right stiff arm rising backknuckle strike to the face of the opponent, to sandwich his head between your left grab and your right strike.
- Draw your left foot back to a cat stance and deliver a left front snap ball kick to his groin or lower midsection, and plant your left foot back down into the same cat stance.
- Shift your weight onto your left foot and execute a right reverse crescent kick, from inside out, to the right side of his head, let the kick follow through and bounce it back into a right roundhouse kick to the left side of his face (on this kick be sure you lay out straight with your right hip over).
- Right front crossover and double cover out to 7:00 o'clock.
FALLING FALCON (Front - Right Direct Lapel Grab)
- Standing naturally, have your right foot step forward into a right neutral bow to the outside of your opponent's right leg. As you step, have your left hand pin your opponent's right grabbing hand to your chest. Simultaneous with these action, deliver a right upward elbow strike to your opponent's right shoulder at the head of the humerus.
- Immediately convert your forward momentum into rotational momentum, as you pivot into a right reverse bow. This is a strikedown that is counter balanced by having your right leg act as a trip to your opponent's right leg. (Your opponent should be in pain from the strike and stunned by the impact of the fall.)
- Your opponent will fall on his back with his head toward 6 o'clock. As he is falling, continue to control his right wrist with your left hand. Simultaneously have your right hand circle inside of his right arm (contouring with the back of your hand). At the moment he makes contact with the ground, pivot into a left reverse bow. In sync with your pivot have your right hand grab your opponent's right wrist, and twist it clockwise, applying great pressure on his right wrist and shoulder. Simultaneous with these actions deliver a left underhand heel palm strike to your opponent's right elbow. (This strike should break his right elbow and limit his retaliatory actions.)
- Cock your left leg, as you have both of your hands grab your opponent's right arm. Deliver a left knife-edge kick tot he right side of your opponent's neck. As you kick, pull on your opponent's arm to cause a possible shoulder dislocation. The two opposing forces will also enhance your kick to the side of your opponent's neck.
- Have your left hand circle inside of your opponent's right arm (contouring with the back of your hand). Plant your left foot toward 5 o'clock and immediately pivot into a left forward bow. In sync with your pivot have your left hand grab your opponent's right wrist, and twist it counterclockwise, applying great pressure on his right wrist and shoulder. (Your opponent's elbow at this point should be facing down and toward the ground).
- While still maintaining your left hand grab, utilize the residual torque of your pivot to deliver a right kick using the right side of your shin (the peroneus longus muscle) to strike the back of your opponent's right elbow (to break it further).
- From the point of contact of your right shin kick, deliver a right back scooping heel kick to your opponent's right ribcage or right kidney. (This should snap your opponent's torso up.)
- With your right foot passing through your opponent's ribs or kidney, and now cocked in the air, execute a right downward looping roundhouse kick to your opponent's solar plexus with the ball of your right foot. Your left hand his still maintaining the grab of his right wrist. (This should shock your opponent.)
- From the point of contact of your right kick, execute a right front crossover sweep of your opponent's right arm, and cover out twice toward 4:30.
PRANCE OF THE TIGER (right flank step-thru right uppercut punch)
- Standing naturally with feet together, drop back slightly with your right foot, into a left 45 degree cat stance as you circle your left hand over and down to do a left hand heel of palm downward parry against his right hand, then take over with your right hand with a right inside downward block (palm up).
- As your right hand follows through and cocks across your midsection (your left hand is covering with your palm facing toward 3:00 o'clock) your left foot sweeps across to strike (thrusting sweep kick) to opponent's right shin.
- Immediately execute a right side chicken kick to the inside portion of his left knee as you simultaneously execute a right outward backknuckle strike to his right temple.
- From your right knife-edge kick (with foot still in the air) have your right foot sweep across and hook the inside of his right leg to sweep him out and spread his legs; as you simultaneously execute a right outward two-finger eyehook to his eyes (keep your left hand checking his arm).
- Unpivot counter clockwise and execute a left rear spinning stiff leg sweep to 1:00 o'clock to the inside of his right knee; as your left hand checks his arms.
- Continue to pivot counter clockwise and execute a right knee kick to his solar-plexus simultaneously with a right overhead and downward hammerfist strike to the back of his neck.
- Now switch your hands so that your right becomes a check to his right shoulder, as you execute a left knee (toward 4:00 o'clock) up to his chin simultaneously with a left hammerfist strike down to the back of his head.
- Immediately execute a left front cross over toward 7:00 o'clock as your left heel palm jab to his head toward 5:00 o'clock forces him down.
- Double cover out toward 7:00 o'clock.
DESTRUCTIVE KNEEL (front step through right punch)
- While standing naturally with hands at your sides as opponent punches, step forward left to 11:00 o'clock into a left neutral bow stance as your right outward parry converts into a grab to his right wrist, and as you pivot clockwise into a right close kneel stance, with your left knee, striking to the back of his right knee (to cause a buckle) execute a left inward heel of palm strike to the right elbow of the opponent to cause a break. Allow this strike to pass through and under his arm.
- With opponent now on his right knee, pivot back counterclockwise and as you drop into a left close kneel (your right knee drops to cause a break to his tibia or ankle) execute a left backknuckle (under his arm and through his ribs in an outward fashion) with a right inward heel of palm claw ripping through his face.
- Pivot back into a right close kneel and execute a right outward backknuckle with a left vertical punch to his ribs or spine (at this point your right hand is below your left to act as a check against his right arm or possible kick).
- Now snake your left crane hand around the right side of his neck and pull him into a left knee strike to his spine (your right hand is checking his right arm or shoulder at this point).
- With your left knee still in the air and as you plant your left foot back to 9:00 o'clock into a right neutral bow stance loop your right hand down, around and in to come down diagonally across his jaw with a hammerfist (your left hand has now switched to become a check).
- As opponent falls (toward 11:00 or 12:00 o'clock) execute a right roundhouse kick to his head or any available opening.
- With your right leg still in the air, right front crossover and double cover out to 9:00 o'clock.
BOWING TO BUDDHA (right front roundhouse kick)
- While you are kneeling with both feet and toes back, and as opponent approaches you from the front, raise up onto your right foot, and shift your left foot onto the ball of your foot, while simultaneously executing a right inward block with a left extended outward chopping block to the right leg of your opponent.
- Now shove your right blocking hand over to the left to force his kicking leg to land down to his right, and immediately execute a forward step drag (step with your right foot and drag with your left knee). Execute a right upward vertical elbow strike to his groin, followed immediately by a left lifting underhand (palm up) heel of palm strike to his groin.
- Now as you keep your left hand under his testicles drop your right hand down into a right backknuckle strike to sandwich them.
- Immediately raise up your left hand as a check to his midsection as you simultaneously drag up your left foot to your right foot and grab the back of his left ankle with your right hand.
- Now step back with your right foot (in place switch) as you pull his right foot out from under him while converting your left check into a left inward elbow strike to the solar plexus, to cause him to land on his back (this is like the left handed version of "Dance of Death").
- With opponent now on his back, slide your right hand over top of his toes and your left hand over top of his foot to grab his heel. Now step back with your left foot to 6:00 o'clock and pivot your upper body counter clockwise to flip opponent over onto his stomach while breaking his left ankle in the process.
- At this point you should be in a right reverse bow stance facing 12:00 o'clock. Now drag your left foot to your right foot (gauging leg) and drive your right foot back toward 11:00 o'clock into a right reverse bow stance with your right bent leg snapping straight and back against the underside of his left knee to force it to lock and overextend into a break (your hands assist you by forcing his foot down at the same time).
- Now execute a right outward crane hand clear to clear his left leg out and to your right, as your left hand goes back and down along beside your left thigh to act as a position check for the next move.
- Immediately in place stance switch (right to front and left foot back) as you then execute a left back thrust kick to the opponent's groin (stomp kick may be used).
- With your left kicking leg still in the air, left front crossover and double cover out toward 6:00 o'clock.
REVERSING CIRCLES (left roundhouse kick followed by left punch)
- While standing in a right neutral bow stance and with opponent attempting to kick you in the right kidney with his left roundhouse kick execute a right universal block over your right knee (right hand downward and left hand inward) to block his kick.
- As opponent plants down and attempts to punch with his left to your face, change your stance to a right forward bow stance as you simultaneously execute a right upward block (to the inside of his punching arm), and a left outward handsword thrust lo his left floating ribs.
- Now as you switch back into a neutral bow stance switch your hands by executing a left upward block and a right outward handsword thrust to his right floating ribs (your left upward block at this point has switched to a grab to his left wrist).
- While still maintaining your grab execute a right front crossover toward 8:00 o'clock as you pull opponent's arm with you, and as you settle in the twist stance (right front twist) break his arm with a right downward forearm strike to his elbow (strike is like the break in "Crossing Talon").
- While still holding your opponent's right wrist, execute a right side kick to his thigh with a simultaneous right backknuckle to his left temple.
- Plant back into the twist stance (point of origin) and reach over his left wrist with your right hand, and grab his hand (fingers in his palm), and switch your left grab around counterclockwise and under (fingers in his palm), then step out left to 8:00 o'clock, and then swing your right foot back to 8:00 o'clock into a left neutral bow stance as you twist your opponent's left wrist clockwise so that you force him over onto his back (his head should be pointing toward 5:00 or 6:00 o'clock) and immediately execute a left downward looping roundhouse kick to his solar-plexus.
- As you execute a left front crossover do a left hand clear to his arm, and double cover out to 7:00 o'clock.
ESCAPE FROM THE STORM (right flank, overhead right club)
- Standing naturally with hands down and as opponent comes from 3:00 o'clock with a right overhead club attack, step off right toward 2:00 with your right foot into a right neutral bow stance, as you execute a left inward parry simultaneously with a right thrusting heel of palm thrust to his jaw.
- Maintain your left parry hand as a check against his right upper arm, as you step through forward with your left foot into a left close kneel stance toward 2:00 o'clock, to check his right knee with your right knee, as you simultaneously execute a right vertical thrusting elbow to his right floating ribs (actually your right arm just collapses down from the previous palm heel).
- Circle your right hand out and down and execute a heel of palm claw into his groin.
- Adjust your left loot slightly (gauging leg) toward 2:00 o'clock and as you slide your right hand down his leg to grab his ankle, drop your left checking hand down to the back of his right knee, and in the same motion swing your right fool back clockwise to 2:00 o'clock into a left forward bow stance, as you yank and pull his right leg out straight and back beside your right hip.
- Execute a right front crossover toward 8:00 o'clock into a right front low twist stance as you drop the knee of opponent down and across your right knee to break it.
- Execute a left inward palm slap to the inside of his right thigh to clear his leg off your knee and immediately come up with a right toward inverted crane strike to his groin, immediately start to pivot counter clockwise (facing toward 2:00 o'clock) while still looping your right hand up and over, execute a right snapping upward heel hook strike, and as you plant back down (point of origin) continue looping your right hand into a back shape of the crane strike to his groin.
- Now switch your right hand to a check to his hips (in the center and below his waist), as you left front crossover toward him, push him forward onto his hands and knees, and as you settle into a left front twist stance deliver a left forward underhand shape of the crane strike to his groin.
- Unpivot clockwise as you come up from your twist stance and you execute a left lifting heel kick in between his legs to strike any available target (either groin, solar-plexus, or chin depending on the position that the opponent is in at the time).
- With your left foot in the air, left front crossover and cover out twice toward 2:00 o'clock.
DOMINATING CIRCLES (Front - Offset Right Hand Grab To Right Shoulder)
- Standing naturally, have your right foot circle clockwise into a horse stance, planting it in back of an down on your opponent's right leg to buckle it. As you circle your right leg, circle a right outward overhead elbow strike. In sync with the planting of your right foot, have your elbow strike down and on top of your opponent's right forearm. During this action have your left hand check your opponent's right shoulder.
- This is a sophisticated transitional buckle that first travels downward, before rotating into a reverse bow that trips your opponent. As you pivot into a right reverse bow, deliver a right thrusting heel palm strike to the right side of your opponent's mandible. Your left hand is still checking your opponent's right arm. (This should daze your opponent and begin to turn him counterclockwise.)
- Have your right foot spring forward toward 10:30 into a right front twist stance. As you spring forward, deliver a left outward handsword to your opponent's throat. Your right hand contours down his right arm, acting as a sliding check, until it grabs and controls his right wrist.
- Have your left foot step out toward 10:30 into a left neutral bow. As you step out control manipulate your opponent by having your left hand hook around your opponent's neck. This should further turn his head and body counterclockwise (from your point of view) so that he is face down near your left thigh. Simultaneous with these actions, have your right hand assist in turning your opponent by applying a hammerlock on his right arm. (Your opponent is falling toward the ground.)
- Have your right foot slide clockwise toward 10:30 into a left neutral bow (facing your opponent at 4:30). Be sure that you are in control maintenance of your opponent. Without loss of momentum, push-drag reverse toward 10:30. As you push-drag, yank his right arm toward you to dislocate his shoulder. Your left hand assists your right hand in the dislocation.
- Drop into a left close kneel stance, having your right knee smashing and sandwiching your opponent's face and head to the ground.
- From the point of Contact of your right knee strike, gradually ascend into a left front crossover and cover out twice toward 9:00.
TWIRLING HAMMERS (front step through left punch)
- While standing in a left neutral bow stance and with opponent punching from 12 o'clock, shift your left foot over slightly to the right (toward 3 o'clock) into a left front rotating twist stance, as you execute a left extended outward block, striking at or above his left elbow.
- Immediately step out to 1 o'clock with your right foot into a right neutral bow stance as you execute a right looping overhead punch (hooking back and toward you) to the right mastoid of your opponent, (your left outward extended block is still checking at this point).
- Continue the action of the looping punch on down to become a check to his left arm as you simultaneously execute a left inward horizontal elbow strike to the left rib cage of your opponent.
- Without any loss of motion switch your left elbow back to a check (hooking over his arm with your wrist and your palm up) to his left arm. Now loop your right hammer fist inward diagonally and down to strike his left kidney.
- At this point opponent is dazed and is standing with his dead right hand down . . . and as you step back with your right foot to a left forward bow stance, you circle your right hand under and around to counter-grab his right wrist, and all simultaneously, execute a right front reverse crossover sweep to his right ankle as you pull and yank his right arm, and with his body in motion, release your right grab and deliver a right vertical punch to his face, with your left palm striking the back of his head to cause a sandwiching effect.
- Immediately snake your left hand around (toward you) and into the front of his face, and maintaining your right hand as a check, step out with your right foot to 5 o'clock and as you unpivot into a left reverse step through to a right neutral bow execute a left outward claw followed by a right two-finger poke to his left eye as your left hand drops to become a check in the neutral zone.
- Right front crossover and double cover out to 6 o'clock.