The attacker steps in and pushes you with both hands at about chest level.
- Step back with your right foot into a left neutral bow as you simultaneously deliver two outward knife hands to the inside of your opponent's arms. (Do not extend your knife hands much past the width of your opponent's torso; also, try to keep your palms somewhat parallel to the plane between your two bodies--i.e., your right hand shouldn't be too far behind your left hand.)
- Pivot into a forward bow with a right inward knife hand to your opponent's ribs while cocking your left hand in a handsword position under your chin.
- Pivot back into a neutral bow and deliver a left outward knife hand to his throat while cocking your right hand by your waist.
- Pivot back into a forward bow and deliver a right middle knuckle to the opponent's solar plexus.
The attacker pushes you below chest level and/or your hands are starting from a high position.
- Step back with your left foot, pulling your right foot into a right cat stance, and executing two downward parries hooking your hands to the outside (in the shape of the crane).
- Deliver a right front kick to the opponent's groin or stomach. (Note: if executed properly, the previous step and this one should all be executed on the count of one.)
- Plant forward into a right neutral bow while delivering a right hammerfist raking across his face.
- Turn the rake over looping back up in a figure eight and coming down into a downward backfist to the bridge of the nose.
- Reverse the motion again into an upward elbow to his chin.
- Reverse it again by delivering a downward palm-heel claw to the face.
LEAPING CRANE (front step through right punch)
With feet together, hop to your left (toward ten o'clock) into a left one leg (crane) stance with your right foot cocked to inside portion of your left knee as your left hand parries inward and your right arm cocks horizontally across your waist.
Deliver a right snapping knife-edge kick to outside portion of opponent's right knee to buckle him.
As you plant your right foot between opponent's legs (between one and two o'clock), deliver a right back knuckle strike to opponent's left kidney.
Immediately deliver a right inward elbow strike to opponent's head as your left heel of palm strikes opponent's left mastoid-thus a sandwiching blow.
(Black Belt Extension)
Shift first into a right neutral bow as you execute a right five finger ripping face claw (from the left side of opponent's face, ripping back and toward you) and (as rip is in progress) then shift into a right forward bow as you simultaneously deliver a left thrusting chop (palm down, with your fingers pointed toward you) to back of opponent's neck.
Shift back into a right neutral bow as you execute a right chop to right side of opponent's neck.
Right front scoop kick to groin of opponent and left chicken kick to upper spine of opponent.
Right from the left chicken kick (while your left foot is still in the air) left front crossover stomp to top of opponent's right ankle to break.
Have your right foot back and toward five o'clock and execute a left stiff-leg lift kick to chin of opponent (your left back of heel is what strikes under opponent's chin).
Replant your left foot (toward eight o'clock) while cocking your right foot and immediately deliver a right side kick to top of opponent's right hip bone.
Right front crossover and cover out twice.
SWINGING PENDULUM (front roundhouse right kick)
- Standing in a right neutral bow (fighting stance), slide your left foot counterclockwise to 4 o'clock and strike with a right inward block simultaneously with a left downward block (universal block) against opponent's kicking right leg preferably at the knee.
- Shuffle (push drag) toward 11 o'clock as you deliver a right downward hammer fist to opponent's groin. (You're still in a right neutral bow with your left hand checking high.)
- Again shift your left foot counterclockwise to ' o'clock as you deliver a right upward vertical elbow strike to opponent's jaw.
- Right front crossover and cover out to 2 o'clock.
The attacker tackles you low (at the waist) starting from close range.
- Step with your left foot behind your right to 4:30 as you cock your right hand high and deliver a left outward heel palm to your opponent's shoulder (by the neck). This should check his attack.
- Untwist counter-clockwise into a right neutral bow and deliver a right knife hand to the mastoid (back of his neck), dropping him onto his hands and knees.
- Pull your right foot back into a right cat stance and execute a right front kick to the attacker's ribs, causing him to roll onto his side.
- Plant forward and deliver a left front kick to his head. Then cross your left foot over your right as you cross out to the right.
The attacker steps in with his right leg as he delivers a right roundhouse club attack.
- As he begins his swing step forward with your right leg into a right forward bow, delivering a pair of knife hand blocks to his wrist and upper biceps. This should stop the momentum of his attack.
- Inward elbow his jaw with your right elbow as you reach over and grab the back of his arm (or alternately crane around his neck). Simultaneously, grab his wrist with your left hand.
- Step back with your right foot into a left neutral bow, pushing up on the wrist and down on the shoulder bringing the attacker down.
- Deliver a right knee to his ribs as you cock your right elbow overhead and strike his spine with your elbow as you plant forward and drop down.
CALMING THE STORM (front right roundhouse club, stepping right)
- Step to 11:00 with your right foot and a left extended outward block to inside of his right wrist and a right vertical fist to his face.
- Check his right arm with a right parry as your left vertical fist shoots over your right arm to his solar plexus.
- Right back knuckle to his ribs as your left hand checks his right arm.
- Grab his right wrist with your left hand and deliver a right outward strike to back of his right elbow.
- Right foot back to 6:00. Right back knuckle his right ribs and continue to circle to strike to back of his right ribs.
- Shift your left foot to 4:00 as you push down on his right armpit with your right hammer fist and pull his right arm from 11:00 to 5:00.
- Go into a left rear twist as you force him to ground. Right back knuckle down and to back of his left rib cage.
- Have your left foot step toward 6:00 and drop your right knee to back of his left elbow.
- Twist clockwise into a right front twist stance. Upon doing so have the heel of your right foot come down to the right side of his face.
- Drop your left knee to back of his neck.
- Bounce up and to the side into a right one-legged stance.
- Right front crossover and cover out twice.
SPIRALING TWIG (rear bear hug - arms free)
- With feet together, step to your right with your right foot (to 3 o'clock) into a horse as your right and left middle fingers strike to the back of opponent's top hand or hands (depending on the type of grab) immediately dropping both elbows to pin opponent's arms. Without hesitation follow-up by grabbing opponent's right hand with your right hand and left hand with thumbs on top and fingers inside of opponent's palm.
- Have your left foot step forward to 2 o'clock (while starting a clockwise wrist twist; with your right elbow still pinning) and pivot your right foot clockwise and back (into a left neutral bow facing o'clock) as both of your hands continue to twist opponent's right wrist clockwise.
- Deliver a right snapping ball kick to right side of opponent while guiding opponent's right arm past your right hip and still maintaining wrist twist.
- As you plant your right foot forward (into a right neutral bow facing 8 o'clock) have your left hand check your opponent's right elbow by pushing it down and out of the way past the right hip as you deliver a right underhand stiff arm back knuckle strike to opponent's face or temple (depending upon how the head is positioned).
- Right front crossover and cover out to 2 o'clock.
The attacker steps in with his right foot and throws a straight right punch to your face.
- Step to 11:00 into a left neutral bow, executing a left inward block (at or above the elbow).
- Pivot to a left forward bow with a right ridge hand straight up the body and at the last moment turning in to strike the throat.
- C-step forward with your right foot, planting your foot around and then behind the attacker's right foot into a right neutral bow. Simultaneously clasp both of your palms between the thumb and forefinger, squeezing against your body so that your opponent's right arm is trapped up against his neck ("sleeper" hold).
- Slide your left foot to 5:00 as your left hand grabs under the chin (or the sleeve) and untwist (counterclockwise), turning into a left forward bow facing 7:30. This should drop your opponent over your right leg and onto the ground.
- Follow the opponent down by trapping under a left close-kneel stance checking with your left hand and punching his temple with your right.
| || || || || |
| || || || || |
Pictures 4 and 5 above are 2 angles of the same step. (Picture 6 shows the back leg pivoting.)
The attacker chokes you in close with two hands from behind.
- Step to 9:00 with your left foot into a low horse stance as you simultaneously grab your opponent's wrists by the thumbs, anchoring your elbows.
- Right rear cross-over into a twist stance, duck your head under your opponent's hands, and untwist into a left forward bow facing your opponent pulling downward on his hands. Note: you should be holding your opponents hands such that they are crossed at the elbows.
- Right front-kick his the inside of his right (back) knee.
- Plant forward into a right neutral bow, straightening your right arm as if you were delivering a right, inverted punch to the head, and holding the other arm taut. This should break the opponent's left arm.
The attacker steps in with his right leg and throws a right straight punch.
- Step forward into a left neutral bow with a left inward block (at or above the elbow).
- Step-drag forward into a left close-kneel with a right inward elbow to the ribs, glancing through.
- Pivot to a left neutral bow with a right outward elbow to the right kidney causing the attacker to move forward and arch his back.
- In the same motion, follow the right elbow with a right outward knife-hand to the back of his neck (as he arches back).
- Continue rotating clockwise into a right close kneel stance as you follow the right strikes with a left knife hand to the back of his neck as your right hand checks his right arm.
- Switch your check and deliver a right upward heel palm to his face as you turn back into a neutral bow.