- Left to 10:30 with left inward block.
- Right ridge hand to groin.
- Left hand tracks down opponent’s body to back of opponent’s right knee, with right step thru and right forearm to opponent’s torso to take down.
- As attacker falls on back and legs rise in air, right backfist to left inside leg, circling into right ridge hand to groin
- Grab left leg (still held to your body with your left hand) with both hands, twist leg to your other side while changing your stance (flipping him onto his stomach)
- Step on his back with your left leg, step off with your right (moving to the right), and then heel kick his right kidney with your left heel.
- Right chop to back of neck.
- Step on his back with your right leg, step off with your left (moving to the left), and then rear kick his head with your right foot.
- Left foot to 10:30 with a left inward and right reversing inward blocks.
- Left hand checks opponent’s arm down with right glancing heel palm to his jaw, right outside arm hook to opponent’s neck.
- Anchor right elbow with right knee to the solar plexus./li>
The attacker throws a left punch while stepping through.
- With feet together or while in a right neutral bow, move your right foot to 1 o'clock as you deliver a right inward and left outward hooking parry (palm up) to outside of opponent's activated left punch. In the same motion, deliver a right back knuckle strike to left ribcage of opponent.
- Shift your left foot to 4 o'clock (into a right modified neutral bow) as your left hand heel palm and claws inward to opponent's face immediately followed by a right chop to right neck of opponent.
- Deliver a right front scoop kick to opponent's groin simultaneous with a left outward heel of palm thrust to opponent's back.
- Plant your right foot in back of you (toward 4
DECEPTIVE PANTHER (combination front right snap kick (low) and right roundhouse (high))
Your opponent fakes a low kick, followed by a high roundhouse kick (off the same leg).
- While in a right neutral bow shift your left foot to 4 o'clock (angle change) and as your opponent's kick is delivered have your guarding hands change so that you position them into a left downward and right inward to block both kicks (universal block), the low kick with your left arm and the high kick with your right arm.
- As opponent is in the process of covering out deliver a right hopping side kick to opponent's left inner knee to buckle him.
- Plant your right foot forward into a right neutral bow (facing opponent) and immediately pivot clockwise (in place) into a right front rotating twist stance as you deliver a right downward back knuckle strike to opponent's right mastoid followed by a left downward hammer fist to opponent's right kidney.
- Have your left hand check opponent's right elbow while still in a right front rotating twist stance. Immediately pivot counter clockwise (untwisting out of the stance) and deliver a right lifting stiff-arm back knuckle strike to opponent's face, making facial contact when your transition move takes you to the point of a close right neutral bow stance.
- Continue to twist counter clockwise. When you are almost turned completely around into a right reverse cat stance deliver a right back thrust kick to any available opening. Make sure the kick is delivered while take advantage of the torquing movement and the momentum associated with it.
- Right front crossover and cover out twice toward 5 o'clock. (Cover out from your kicking position).
DETOUR FROM DOOM (front right roundhouse kick)
- While in a right neutral bow, quickly shift your left foot to 4 o'clock. Simultaneously deliver a left downward block to opponent's right leg with a right vertical fist to opponent's face. (At this point, you should be in a right 45 degree cat stance).
- From a right 45 degree cat stance, deliver a right ball kick to opponent's groin.
- Plant your right foot toward 10 o'clock into a right neutral bow as you simultaneously execute a left vertical punch to opponent's solar plexus over you right arm as it checks opponent's arms down with a right horizontal forearm check.
- Deliver a right back knuckle to opponent's stomach as your left foot shifts to 3 o'clock into a right neutral bow.
- Have your left hand hook downward on back of opponent's neck as you continue circling your right arm counter clockwise and deliver a right hammer fist to the back of opponent's neck.
- Right front crossover and cover out twice toward 3 o'clock.
The attacker attempts to hit you with a right roundhouse club to the head.
- Left foot to 12:00 in a left forward bow stance with a left extended outward block to the wrist and a right side fist to the head.
- Right foot to 8:00 into a horse stance with a left uppercut strike to the elbow covering with the right.
- Move left foot to 12:00 and bring your right foot through to your left, feet together.
- Right foot sweeps behind opponent's right leg and kicks outward to 6:00 into a left forward bow as you strike up under the chin with a right palm heel, knocking the opponent to the ground.
THRUST INTO DARKNESS (right punch directly from the rear)
The attacker attempts to punch you with your back turned.
- With feet together, step forward with your right foot toward 2 o'clock into a left reverse close cat stance (as opponent attacks from the rear with a right punch) to give you distance, and immediately deliver a left back kick toward 7 o'clock to opponent's stomach thus causing him to bend forward.
- With your left foot still in the air, plant your left foot to 4 o'clock (assuming both you and opponent are presently facing 12 o'clock) into a wide left rear twist stance and immediately pivot counter clockwise (ending in a left neutral bow facing opponent at 6 o'clock) and without hesitation deliver a right front snap ball kick toward 7 o'clock to opponent's jaw or sternum (opponent should be bending forward at this point toward 12 o'clock).
- Plant your right foot forward into a right neutral bow toward 7 o'clock and assuming that the kick forced your opponent back, do a left front crossover toward 7 o'clock and right side kick to inside of opponent's left knee.
- Plant your right foot forward (right forward bow) toward 7 o'clock and simultaneously deliver a right back knuckle thrust to opponent's right temple and a left vertical thrust punch to opponent's right ribs.
- Right front crossover and cover out toward 2 o'clock.
- Left rear crossover and return with a right back kick to opponent's head toward 7 o'clock.
- Right front crossover and cover out twice toward 2 o'clock.
GLANCING WING (front left uppercut punch)
- While in a right neutral bow, simultaneously deliver a right inward block outside of opponent's left uppercut while delivering a left vertical fist to opponent's face.
- Immediately hook your left hand down and out (clockwise) outside of opponent's left arm as you deliver a right chopping uppercut punch to opponent's left ribcage.
- Slide your left foot counter clockwise to 4 o'clock (into a right neutral bow) as your left hand hooks back of opponent's neck, thus forcing your opponent down.
- With Opponent stooping over, deliver a right thrusting diagonal forearm elbow punch to opponent's left jaw.
- Right front crossover and cover out twice toward 4 o'clock.
The attacker grabs your left wrist with his right hand.
- Step back right to 6:00 as your right hand pins under your left hand trapping the attacker's hand.
- Pivot to a neutral bow with a left outward elbow to the attacker's ribs.
- Right heel palm to forearm glancing into a finger spear to eye.
- Left front crossover sweep planting toward 4:00.
- Untwist and deliver a right stiff leg sweep to the same leg taking opponent down as your plant toward 6:00.
- Right roundhouse kick to any available target.
The attacker throws a left then a right straight punch with his left leg forward.
- From a standing, feet-together position, step back left.
- From a right neutral bow pull back into a right cat a deliver a right inward parry to the attacker's left punch.
- As the attacker attempts to step through with a right punch, execute a left inward parry and a right front kick to the attacker's groin, stopping and breaking his height.
- Plant forward with a right inverted punch to his face.
- Left front cross with a left side fist to attacker's face and a right low check.
- Right knee to left inner thigh planting to 11:00 with a left upward forearm to the chin.
- Right front cross out to a right neutral bow.
- Re-enter with a right crossover rear kick.
The attacker attempts a left roundhouse punch followed by a right one.
- From a right neutral bow with your right arm high and left arm low, execute a right outward block.
- As he starts the right punch shuffle in with a left outward block and a right hammerfist to the groin, breaking his height.
- Execute a left heel palm to the face followed by a right back knuckle to the bridge of the nose or the temple.
- Step drag left forward to a right cat with a right hammerfist to the attacker's groin.
- Right knee to the solar plexus and a right upward elbow to the attacker's chin.
- Right inward knife hand to attacker's jaw with a right side kick to his knee.
The attacker grabs your wrists tightly with two hands and bears down on your arms.
- Step left to 11:00 as you circle your right hand under your left and pin them together.
- Shift back into a reverse bow using his resistance to pull him forward into a right side fist to his ribs and a left back fist to his face.
- Check down with your left and step through with a right inward elbow to the head.
- (A minor right uppercut is sometimes added before the elbow.)
The attacker steps forward with a straight left punch followed by a right one.
- Step forward with left leg to 11:00 in a neutral bow with a left inward parry.
- Pivot to a forward bow with a right extended outward parry to parry the attacker's right punch.
- Grab attacker's right wrist with your right hand as you pull into a right cat with a right front kick to the groin or inside of the attacker's left thigh and a left finger spear to the eye.
- Plant forward into a right neutral bow checking down on the attacker's right arm with a left shape of the crane.
- Execute a right inward elbow to the attacker's head as he bends forward.
- Right claw to attacker's face in a figure "8" path.
- Right scoop kick to groin as right foot plants back to 6:00.
The attacker applies a bear hug from the rear, leaving your arms free.
- With opponent applying rear bear hug (arms free) and with feet together, step to your right (to 3 o'clock) with your right foot into a horse, as both of your elbows strike down to opponent's forearm, squat on opponent's right knee as both of your hands then grab and pull on opponent's right ankle; the pulling and squatting could cause the knee to break of the counter force.
- Immediately twist opponent's right ankle counter clockwise as your right leg circles clockwise (preferably raking across opponent's face in the process) and plants to 7 o'clock into a left close kneel stance while still facing 12 o'clock.
- Pivot (in place) into a right forward bow as you now face 6 o'clock.
- While still maintaining grab with your right hand, step forward with your left foot to 6 o'clock into a left close kneel stance (paralleling opponent's body) and have your left hand grab opponent's left wrist.
- Support your weight onto your left leg as you cock your right leg high to your waist.
- Pull and jerk up with both of your arms as your right foot stomps to lower spine of opponent.
- Right front crossover, sweeping in opponent's arm down and cover out twice toward 4 o'clock.